Monday, June 17, 2013

"Seconds", 1966, John Frankenheimer, TSPDT: 995

This film is one of those little science fiction gems that probably escaped everyone´s attention.  I am afraid to tell you about the plot, because I don´t want to ruin its surprises.  But the mood of the piece is as important as what happens there, so a little bit to entice you:  a man wants to change his stale life so he gets an appointment at a company that gives guys like him a "second chance" by changing his identity.  That´s all.  Rock Hudson is very good in this, as is the rest of the cast.  Think about it as a very good episode of "Twilight Zone" that got the movie treatment.  I could go on and on with interpretations about the plot, but this is not the reason why I am writing these snippets right now (maybe I will for future films).  Watch it all.

No comments: