Summer of Blood, Onur Tukel, USA.
- "Red Pill" vampire movie. Is about the heart of the vampire ethos: how to explain women´s choices in men (or: "nice guys finish last").
- The style is self-conscious slacker Woody-Allen.
- It works!
Reimon, Rodrigo Moreno, ARG.
- Illustration of Marx´s description of the use of time in a typical day for the working class.
- The main character is a real person filmed while she goes through her day. Around her are a couple of upper-middle class characters (which the director considers to be "middle-class", I guess due to his own high-class origin) read from "Das Kapital". It is not as boring as it sounds.
- Is the talent is this movie accidental or in purpose? Who knows. Maybe its good things are the things I want to see in it, be color schemes in the houses the character visits or upper-middle class behaviors.
Aventurera, Leonardo D´Antoni, ARG.
- Pretty Colombian immigrant in Buenos Aires advances her career by using (being used by) men.
- Some emotional moments sound false, and I wish that the treatment of the remains of the moral consciousness of the main character was more organic.
- As it is the door is open to put yourself on both sides of the issue (the "poor victim" at its center), since guilt appears and is not clear how its dissolution will proceed.
Wyrmwood, Kiah Roache-Turner.
- Trashy zombie movie with exactly two novel ideas for this genre. That´s it, just for disposable consumption.
Almost Friends (aka "Linor and Samar"), Nitzan Ofir, Israel
- Is this a documentary? It felt like a fiction, is really well filmed, most issues relevant to the case are explained on-screen. For the uninitiated, a little bit more of background would have been good, but that would mean to hear the director´s voice, and I guess that he does not want to show his cards in the open.
- Arab-Israeli (Palestinian with Israeli ID) girl and Jewish-Israeli religious girl meet under a school program. They wait, they hope, they talk.
Solo, José R. Nóvoa, ¿Colombia?
DO NOT WATCH (*), just garbage.
Magical Girl, Carlos Vermut, Spain.
- Well filmed tale.
- That makes every character guilty of something.
- And proceeds to promptly punish each one of them with violence... and more violence.
- Nihilist to an extreme, and people seem to like that. I don´t. It is the ideology of death. It is so easy to fall under this kind of spell. It is a world-view born from a video-store employee mind (Tarantino), not an intellectual of any kind. This film hurts the human race, more so by being well filmed.